Friday, November 27, 2009

Would i be able to make a change from XP home edtion to Xp pro sp2 without effecting softwares insta

I have windows xp pro would it effect my softwares or music stuff already added on my pc in other word would it erase all my files if i was to change to xp pro sp2 never done it before is it safe .... thanks...



Would i be able to make a change from XP home edtion to Xp pro sp2 without effecting softwares installed??windows live messenger



i have already tried it on my computer i got the sp2 window xp update (not bootable) and installed it .... it didnt erase any of me files or infos installed



Would i be able to make a change from XP home edtion to Xp pro sp2 without effecting softwares installed??microsoft money internet explorer



No, updating to SP2 won't fark with any of your files.
If you do an upgrade then your data would not be affected but your computer will become awfully slow. Also any data that you have on 'My music, my documents, my videos, desktop' folders may be lost.



Software may still need to be reinstalled depending on a number of other factors. I would suggest that you take a back up of your data and do a format and clean install. This is a better option from long term considerations.
Try first going to this site:



http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=31694...



This will give you directions to help perform the upgrade.



This worked for me. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate