Friday, November 27, 2009

Problem with xp sp2?

I had to update my windows xp to the service pack2 in order for my norton antivirus 2008 to work, after it downloads and installs everything the computer restarts and when it gets to the desktop all of my icons start menu and tool bars are gone and wont come back up, i tried restarting it again and the same thing happened, i ended up having to redo my windows entireley over and i installed the updates again and the same thing happened, what is wrog? please help me!



Problem with xp sp2?windows media player 11



I had a similar problem a few weeks ago although I didn't install vista. I had to keep doing a hard boot as I didn't have anything at all to click on to reboot. It was only losing all the icons ect after I opened a program but upon restart it was all back again. In the end I downloaded spybot search and destroy and did a scan, that found a couple of things that may have been the problem. I do run McAfee on my computer but that didn't find it so spybot was the answer. If that doesn't work try doing a system restore.



Click start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore and see if that helps.



Don't know if this will help you but anythings worth a try.



GL



Mel ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate