Sunday, November 29, 2009

Im using Windows XP cd to reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows XP but setup cant find previ

My computer has alot of viruses and I deleted some files that I shouldnt have like system32 folder so I wanted to reformat hard drive and reinstall Windows XP but when I use the Windows XP cd, the setup says



Setup cannot find a previous version of Windows installed on your computer. To continue, setup need to verify that you qualify to use this upgrade product.



Please insert your windows NT 3.51 Workstation, Windows NT 4.0 Workstation, Windows 200 Professional, Windows 98, or Windows Millenium CD into you CD-Rom drive.



I do not know what is wrong because the computer is running on Windows XP Home Edition SP2 that was already installed when I bought it 4-5 years ago. The CD is a Windows XP Home Edition aswell. I do not remeber if the computer came with recovery or a restore cd. Can anyone suggest wut I can do?



Im using Windows XP cd to reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows XP but setup cant find previous versiomicrosoft net framework



Ok, You need to boot off the CD-Rom drive in order to format your drive. Insert your XP CD and reboot your PC. You should be able to format and reinstall the OS. Aslong as you have a valid product key.



http://www.theeldergeek.com/formatting_d...



Antil0ck



Im using Windows XP cd to reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows XP but setup cant find previous versiowindows xp themes internet explorer



Since you forced Windows to destroy itself by deleting the system files, your only option now is to reinstall Windows from scratch using the original setup disk. I sure hope you have one. If you don't you'll need to buy a license or get one from the mfr.
You have a Windows XP Upgrade disk (I do too, although i created a "fake" XP Disk by burning my i386 folder to a disk so I could install without a previous OS on my system) The upgrade disk is for people that had previously purchased a Microsoft Operating System only. You can either do what I described above (using another computer), borrow a (full) windows disk from a friend, OR purchase a Full install version. There is no other way around it :-(
if you formated the hard,then all the files erased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate