Sunday, November 29, 2009

How can I de-crypt a folder/file after I re-installed Windows XP pro.?

I encrypted the folders then transfered it to a different internal hard drive. Did a clean install of Windows XP pro w/SP2 then tried to transfer them back to my documents in the C: drive. Keep getting a error, access denied. Went through microsoft support, took ownership, still cannot gain access to them. Please Help. Thank You



How can I de-crypt a folder/file after I re-installed Windows XP pro.?ireland



Do you recall the encryption Algorithm ?



How can I de-crypt a folder/file after I re-installed Windows XP pro.?microsoft outlook internet explorer



First decrypt all the files or folders with the same software by which you have encrypted it %26amp; than try to move files %26amp; folders. Please don't forget to install encryption softwre.
If I were you, I would decrypt those files using the software which I used to encrypt it.
I could be mistaken but I belive that XP encrypts user files to a particular user profile. If you reinstalled XP, then You probably lost the encrytpion key specific to that instance of the user profile. I believe there may be MS certified technicians that have the tools to decrypt EFS encrypted files. Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate