Friday, November 27, 2009

Windows XP Icon Problems?

Hi I have this prob with my PC it is Microsoft Windows XP And I have SP2 so what I did is downloaded Icon Tweaker and the Vista Icons and they were nice but I diden't want them so I uninstalled Icon tweaker and now my Windows XP Default Icons ain't there like theres no icon for control panel and the my music icon is mixed up with MY DOCTUMENTS please help



Theres 10 Points for the first one to solve my problem



Windows XP Icon Problems?windows xp professional



try to reinstall icon tweaker then romve it again.



or



try this



Step 1:pressAlt+Ctrl+Del, and in New Task, i typed "explorer" without the quotes. Nothing happen



Step 2: downloaded this:



http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarp...



and ran the cases for:



Restore to XP Default



Taskbar is Missing



Nothing happen.



Step 3: repeat step 1 again



And all the icons and the taskbar reappeared. Try it



or lenthgy procedure



You need to associate the files with the programs again. When you uninstalled Office XP it must have been the default program for opening these files, and removing it removed the association. Use the following guide to re-assocoiate files with programs.



Start-%26gt;My Computer-%26gt;tools-%26gt;folder options-%26gt;file types



Scroll down and highlight the file type "DOC", click the "change" button, select Word from the list of aps presented (or browse to its ondisk location if you can't see it). Click OK. Job finished.



Follow the steps for each file type you need to re-associate with the programs, Excel, Powerpoint and etc.



Windows XP Icon Problems?windows xp home internet explorer



use system restore and you'll get everything back ")

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate