Friday, November 27, 2009

After installing updates my entire screen is black when XP SP2 starts up?

I had the little icon on the bottom right of the screen (like where the clock is) that kept telling me install updates or they needed to be installed or something, so I finally went and installed them. When it finished it said Windows needs to be restarted.



When it started up again it shows the hard drive, process, memory info, etc. and then says "Windows XP", after that the screen turns completely black, except for small "Logging in" windows that appears for one second, and then everything is completely black. I can hear the hard drive running, but I can't see anything at all.



I tried starting with last known good configuration and it didn't work, and then tried starting in safe mode. When I start in safe mode I can see the words safe mode written in white on the corners of the screen, but nothing else.



What in the world am I supposed to try now?



After installing updates my entire screen is black when XP SP2 starts up?windows media player 10



Put in your Windows XP CD. Do not choose to repair your copy right away. Instead, go to Windows Setup, accept the license agreement, and then select your copy, then finally tell it to repair. You should update your video card drivers after it starts up.



After installing updates my entire screen is black when XP SP2 starts up?microsoft net internet explorer



it looks like you will have to reinstall windows from the disc, if you dont have a disc for windows i dont know what you will be able to do. sorry i cant be of more help
Try cleaning the system with a good antivrus and see that there is no unknow software installed by default in the system

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate