Friday, November 27, 2009

Why does my Sony DCR-TRV19 camera not appear in Windows XP via the firewire card?

I was researching this on the net, and I was told that a VIA chipset motherboard wouldn't work well with this particular camera in XP Pro SP2 or Xp Home Sp2. I went back to SP1, nothing happened. The camera does show some sign of life when i take it on and off VCR mode (I get an hourglass). Something must be working in the camera becuase when I connect my hard drive (external) to the firewire port I have, the hard drive doesn't come up. When I take the camera cable out, it works.



Please tell me the camera isn't broke, because it still records and playsback.



I currently am running Windows XP Service Pack 2



The latest direct x 9.0



Windows Media Player 10



Divx 5



Windows Firewall is off



Why does my Sony DCR-TRV19 camera not appear in Windows XP via the firewire card?windows movie maker



Most likely it is a problem with your drivers. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the software that came with the camera. Also look and see if there are any updated drivers or patches on Sony's website. Have you tried connecting the camera with USB?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate