Friday, November 27, 2009

I have vista basic ,want to install xp SP2 ,repartioned my disk using disk mngmnt,problem: xp cann&#

current system :vista basic



system i want to install : xp professional



problem reported during windows xp setup: no hard disk installed in your computer!!



the hard disk is partioned from inside windows vista using disk management feature



I have vista basic ,want to install xp SP2 ,repartioned my disk using disk mngmnt,problem: xp cann't find diskwindows messenger



If this is a new computer that you purchased with Vista, then the problem is probably that XP doesn't have drivers for your hard drive controller. This is what happened to me - I purchased a new hard drive and my computer had shipped with a restore partition on the old boot drive, but since I was replacing it I used an XP install CD. It refused to install because it said I didn't have a hard drive. Since I had no OS to find out what my controller was or to download drivers for the controller, I ended up installing Vista because it was new enough to recognize the hardware.



Try to find XP drivers for your controller, if they exist, and slipstream them into the XP install CD.



I have vista basic ,want to install xp SP2 ,repartioned my disk using disk mngmnt,problem: xp cann't find diskmicrosoft works internet explorerHi Rose! Thanks for the helpfull info. yes my HDD contoller is SATA and xp doesn't support! from where can i get its driver ,its a new laptop and i don't have any CDs with it ?is it possible to download it?and from where? Report It


yes i believe i had this problem before too, i think your hard drive is "finished". looks like its time to get a new hard drive
make 1 partition as active partition
you must have think twice before installing vista. windows vista has a feature which does allow you to install any previous version of windows.



and why it should?



whenever u upgrade to new version of any software does it again allow u to install old version without uninstalling new one ?



and if u want to remove vista u cannot do it by XP .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate