Sunday, November 29, 2009

Why am I getting this error message after installing Windows XP Pro?

I installed an OEM version of Windows XP Pro w/SP2. After the installation process, my computer rebooted and kept hanging at the prompt " Boot from CD/DVD: ". I changed my boot sequence to CDROM %26gt; HARD DISK %26gt; FLOPPY. Now I get an "Invalid Boot.ini" error message. I already tried the recovery repair recommended by Microsoft's website. It didn't work. Now what do I do?



Why am I getting this error message after installing Windows XP Pro?ies



This is because your PC is not able to boot from hard disk.



Main reason is your Windows Xp installation is not completed successfully.



you can do 1 thing.Boot from CD and install windows XP again. Ask it to repair or when you will install it will ask you that found 1 version of Xp and ask you to repair or not. Then repair there.



Or boot from CD and install XP. make new installation. Format hard disk drive onto which you want to install if you do not want any other data from it.



if you want some data then connect it to other PC as secondary harddisk. Store data there.



then format.



You can not do anything except successfully installing xp atleast once.



thank you.



Why am I getting this error message after installing Windows XP Pro?windows update internet explorer



Should just have to change your boot order back to Hard drive-CD-Floppy
seems like your previous installation was not successful as boot.ini error means no or corrupted boot files. Just boot from the original Xp cd and do a clean installation. Be sure to format the disk completely to get rid of traces of previous installations.



This however means losing everything that might be saved in the drive so backup before undertaking the exercise.



You can set the drive as a slave drive and access it from another working machine and backup your precious files.
i cant removed my new icons

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate