Sunday, April 25, 2010

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Frequent Crashes.?

I have just reformatted my windows and installed and now it is run on win xp sp2. But my computer would crash/freeze completely all of a sudden like once every hour or so. I also have antivirus program BitDefender 2008 installed and have just ran its registry scan/cleaner. I’m now trying hard to find out the cause and to fix this. I was thinking, could the registry scan/cleaner have messed up the win xp’s registry and thus causing these crashes? Also I’ve noticed every time I shutdown/logoff windows, “spool.exe” would have trouble closing and I would always have to force it to “end now”.



Windows XP Service Pack 2 Frequent Crashes.?windows movie maker



Try using your xp CD to repair your current windows (it is not a reformt, you wont lose your files). As for spool.exe, some people are saying that it is part of a worm/virus but one site says it is a windows file. Try downloading a program called spybot (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index... and download their latest scanner to see if you can find that file.



Also if your still getting errors with SP2 then I am sorry but you might have to reformt and only install SP1 (had same kind of problem with old computer) either that you you buy a new HDD because your current one might be dieing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate