Sunday, April 25, 2010

How can I get a genuine windows xp copy without paying 150.00?

3 yrs ago a computer repair man in my town fixed my pc. It came with windows me and I let him upgrade it to xp sp2 but he didn't give me a cd for it. I don't know how to get in touch with him and I can't remember his last name and I don't know where he lives. Just last week I got a message on my computer screen saying I may be a victim of software counterfeiting because my copy of windows isn't genuine. I can't afford to pay $150.00 to buy a new copy of xp and I didn't know the man was putting an illegal copy on my pc. Can anyone help me or tell me what I can do?



How can I get a genuine windows xp copy without paying 150.00?microsoft money



There is nothing you can do once Microsoft detects your copy of xp is illegal,except to buy a new cd and install it. Walmart has the home edition for around 100 bucks.



How can I get a genuine windows xp copy without paying 150.00?windows explorer internet explorer



Go to newegg.com they are usually cheaper. I don't know about xp personally but they are warehouse price not retail. You can also delete the most current update to windows. that's what I did and It got rid of the warning message ^_^
ring up microsoft and tell them you were sold an illegal copy...but you will have to give them the details of this guy and they can fine him...but in the end if you didnt pay for either an upgrade to WinXP or the full version then you will have no other choice but to buy a legit copy of the OS

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate