Sunday, April 25, 2010

Enabling PAE on Windos XP Home SP2?

I have 4 MB of RAM Windos XP SP2 reeports only 3.25.



I have read the gobildy-**** on MS Windows site about enabling PAE and its doubble Duch to me.



How %26amp; Where do I add the PAE swich in this, my current boot.ini file



[boot loader]



timeout=30



default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partiti...



[operating systems]



multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WI... Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn



Thanks in advance for any and all help



Enabling PAE on Windos XP Home SP2?microsoft excel



I think you are looking in the wrong place for the answer PAE will not find the missing RAM. PAE (Physical Address Extension) is a feature provided on recent processors to allow the use of memory above 4Gb (the limit on 32bit system). As you do not exceed the standard 4Gb limit of a 32bit system PAE would be useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate