Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mp3 player not recognized in windows xp, usb problem?

hello,



i have a problem with my usb drivers I think. Whenever I try to plug a digital camera or mp3 player in it tries and asks me to install drivers. I think that Windows XP normally should have generic drivers for this? I tried to install the drivers from the MP3 Player CD and it says that these are not the right ones.



I have an ECS K7S5A Motherboard with USB 1.1 and Win XP SP2.



On my notebook the devices work without problems and without installing extra drivers.



I deleted the USB Controllers in the device manager and reinstalled it and it didn't help.



Mp3 player not recognized in windows xp, usb problem?windows server 2003



does it take a 2.0 usb port, here is a good driver update place if you ever need any



Mp3 player not recognized in windows xp, usb problem?windows xp service internet explorer



There could be a problem with the MP3 player's driver. Usually you can download updated drivers on the manufacuter's website.
What you need to do is install the BIOS Host controllers. It should be in your Motherboard Drivers CD. If you don't have the CD, u can get the driver's from the Motherboard Maker's site.



Make sure u search the right driver's for your motherboard's model.



Usually this happens in some brand desktop models (Dell, HP, IBM).



If that don't work, there might be a chance that the USB jumpers on the motherboard might be set incorrectly. For that u need to open your desktop %26amp; use the motherboard's manual to locate the USB jumpers.



It's definetly not your MP3 player. If it works on 1 PC, it should work in other PC's.



Hope I answer your question!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate