Sunday, April 25, 2010

How come I can buy windows xp professional for $39? Is store a scam?

www.OEMSOFTWEAR.com



they have windows genuine xp professional sp2 pack for only $39 free shipping. are they legal?



How come I can buy windows xp professional for $39? Is store a scam?windows live messenger



I've seen this before on EBay. It's an OEM version (ships with a new computer system), so it just comes in the box. Some companies (IT departments) that get alot of computer systems passing through don't really need all of these "backup" disks laying around, and if they sneak out and appear on the internet, oh well. However, on EBay, to make it legal, they shipped the sofware with a working (or nonworking) junk piece of hardware, like an old memory stick so as not to violate license. However, in this case, who knows if they've already used the cd key to activate something.



How come I can buy windows xp professional for $39? Is store a scam?microsoft money internet explorer



This might or might not be a scam, I would say 80% scam, 20% not-a-scam in my opinion. I found very few listings on Google and there's not really any info on the site. I'm not sure, but I'd say it's a scam. And most results say office, not the OS.
More than likely yes it is a scam. It is illegal to sell oem software w/o hardware as far as i understand.
I wouldn't go for it.



1. the advertis free shipping from over seas



2. they don't show up in BBB.org (http://search.bbb.org/)



3. usually a company that is selling software will have company email and not a personal email (and they offer no telephone number)



4. site just looks poorly constructed. If it's legit, it would surprise me.
Careful, that might just be another license. If it really is the full version, scam, if the store isn't listed on Bizrate, http://www.bizrate.com/ (in store ratings) then I wouldn't buy from them. I would also see if it is possible to look them up on the BBB, http://www.bbb.com/ if they aren't listed there then that just screams scam. If they don't have any lables from the BBB or Bizrate on their site, I won't buy from that store.



On the other hand if a store has the Bizrate seal of excellence on their site... buy from them, you won't get let down. Even better if they have both the Bizrate seal and the BBB shield... wow... don't shop anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate